Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Boston Pride

I have been a little anti-blog lately. Not just not writing here but also not reading as many that others write. I have just had a little blog burnout.

I find that the more I blog, the less I journal and that's something I don't want to lose. I have been journaling since I was a pre-teen and I think it holds tremendous value for multiple reasons. Also, for me, I want blogging to be a hobby. Something I want to do. Accordingly, if I don't feel like blogging, I don't. I took down my blog's Facebook page because I didn't want to feel obligated to do something with it with any kind of regularity and I have considered taking down the blog altogether. But I will hold off on that.

That's all just a preface, though, for why you haven't heard much from me. And the reason I'm posting today isn't actually because I wrote anything great or had a funny idea. Nope. But I have a friend who did! My email soul mate is visiting the west coast right now and having travel epiphanies about her love for the east coast as a result. With no offense intended to my west coast friends, I just love her Boston thoughts. Here they are:

Why I love Boston....
 
Better sense of community. If you do something to mess with someone out here, they might stab you. In Boston, assholeness is expected and tolerated. It's a way if life.
 
We are the best worst drivers in the world. If people in LA drive too slowly for you, while also having 6 lanes, that's a problem.
 
We have the best white trash. Our white trash have amazing accents and entertain us (cite the guy from Drew's Rehab). Everywhere else is just sad and make you feel uncomfortable. Boston WT is a novelty that draws people to stare, not look away.
 
I will curse myself for saying this, but I miss my scarf. December is just not the same without 30 degree weather, a sense of misery, and a scarf and gloves.
 
We are nicer to our animals. We just are. In Boston, there is something seriously wring with you if you leave your dog outside all day. Here, it is normal to have an "outside dog." Dog houses have function, and are not just decorative. WTF is that?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment