Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snowtober

I was going to name the post "Snotober" but realized it would read more like the word snot than the word snow. Good save.
They weren't kidding about this snow. I'm glad I put my ice scraper/brush back in my car before going to work tonight because I certainly needed to clear off my car before I could drive. Actually, by the time I was done cleaning one side, the other side was already snowy again. And the wind! Oh my did it like whipping wet snow and sharp coldness at my face!
So after driving only major roads home so I could have the safest travels possible, I am happily hunkered down on the couch. I think my favorite thing about bad weather is that it forces us all to slow down. Church as already been canceled for tomorrow. This is great on two levels: 1. I adore that my church cancels like school. Getting that call is like seeing your town's name on the news for school closings. It's not that going is so awful; it's just the waking up. This brings me to #2. I get to sleep in tomorrow. All my friends in warm locales can't brag about that, now can they? :)
Pictures to be taken in daylight.....

2 comments:

  1. I guess I would prefer a church snow day today. ALthough, then I'd have to entertain my kids all day. ALthough, then I wouldn't have to entertain 12 nursery kids at church.

    Is there a way to have a kid-free snow day in a 70 degrees land? If so I'll take that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snowstorm was completely unbelievable!!

    ReplyDelete