So I'm a week late with my farewell salute to 2011.....well, I'm late in actually posting it. As part of my job I run a Speaker's Bureau and we met on Thursday night. My coworker provided a writing prompt that helped me to reflect on what I wanted to say to summarize the year. It was a take on something that had been posted somewhere else onlline that highlighted the 11 events that defined 2011. I decided to make my own top 11 events of the year.
3. My first trip to classic Europe.
4. Traveling with my parents for my mother's first trip out of the country to Bermuda.
5. Swimming with the Dolphins.
7. Seeing the Tower of London after all my reading about it.
8. Hiking Rio Celeste.
9. The New Kids on the Block Concert at Fenway Park.
10. Accidentally biking 72 miles on the Cape Cod rail trail and beyond.
11. Making my first from scratch apple pie to be served at Thanksgiving dinner.
Ultimately, 2011 was a huge year for me. I got to travel for 6 weeks out of the year and see some truly awe inspiring sights and, more importantly, have some life changing experiences with people I love. It will be a year I never forget. Can't wait to see what 2012 will bring....