Monday, April 9, 2012

Catching up...I seem to need to do this a lot

I haven't written a post in forever but it's not for lack of thinking about it!
First, I spent a week in Paris. I don't like to publicize my trips before I go just for home security and such so I couldn't share all of my excitement leading up to what I considered the trip of a lifetime. I had been dreaming about all that Paris would be since middle school. Well, it wasn't all that I dreamed it would be. It was different than I expected but once I let that settle in, Paris was certainly charming and I am looking forward to sharing pictures and writing much more about which sites I think you could bypass and which excursions are not to be missed.
When I first returned home from my trip, I was hit with some challenging news that would impact family finances. So another big trip may not be in the cards for 2012....although I won't rule anything out yet!
Then I started writing a review of the Hunger Games movies. And even though it will be stunningly outdated by the time I post it, I still plan to. It brought up a lot of feelings for me as I looooved the book series and was so curious to see how it would translate on screen.
But I am finally here now and as superficial as this post may be, it's  my entry back into blogging. Just laying the ground work to start sharing my thoughts again......
So happy day after Easter! And we will be conversing again soon!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about Paris and about your thoughts on The Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your challenging news is okay.

    We're going to Paris next month! Can't wait to read your travel review for helpful tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's so awesome! Is the whole family going or is it a couples retreat? I'm so impressed because I thought of Paris as my #1 must go before having children spot because it can get pricey. You are an inspiration for being such a jetsetter mom!

      Delete