Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

First off, I love a 3 day weekend!! And a 3 day weekend with amazing weather? Pretty much the greatest thing ever.
There's really no need to travel in the summer. New England is at it's loveliest from June-November. It's the other 6 months we should all hit the road. For now, though, I am blissed out from multiple days of amazingness.
Thursday night I went to a wedding at the Crane Estate in Ipswich. The Crane Estate had amazing ocean views and was truly stunning, despite far too many buggies in residence.
Saturday I went to my cousin's annual Fourth of July barbecue. (I ended up bringing Oreo truffles at the host's request). It's great to spend time with family who are fun!
Sunday was wedding celebration part II in Cambridge. We ate our fill of Haitian food and Hubby wrapped two plates to go just like my grandmother would:)
Today was just amazing. Clear skies, sunshine, temps in the high 80s, pool water in the low 80s. I had a solo pool party and was extremely content. I don't think I am ever more relaxed than when I am in the sun by the pool, reading. I was a little like Dr. Seuss; I read in a chair, I read in the pool, I read in the sun, I read where it's cool. I sat outside for about 6 hours before I decided Hubby might send out a search party.
For the first time in a while, I didn't think about my next trip abroad but was thinking about all the days ahead on the beaches of Cape Cod and Maine and New Hampshire I could squeeze in. I think my wanderlust might settle down while the sun sticks around home.......

No comments:

Post a Comment