Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where in the World Day 2

Today the agenda calls for exploring Barri Gotic. We will visit the Cathedral de Barcelona and cloister/gardens. We may even attend a morning mass. I thought about trying to find a Mormon ward to go to for the day because that would be cool but I speak no Catalan (the language in Barcelona). My friend, the trip planner, already had a full day scheduled for us, too.
At noon, we will see the Sardana, the national dance. In the afternoon, we will sightsee the Sangrada de Familia, probably the most famous site in the city. It's the unfinished church designed by Gaudi, with signature curves. We will also see La Pedrera, Casa Batlo, Casa Amatller, walk along Pasieg de Gracia Street (the block of discord), visit the Arc de Triomf, Parc de la Cuittadella, maybe row a boat in the lake there, see Parliament, walk along the Psg Del Born and maybe hit up the Picasso Museum. Whew! I don't yet know what half of those things are but I am sure they will be lovely!
Finally, in the evening we will be seeing the Santa Maria del Mar Cathedral.
After all of that, I hope my friend the tour guide will let me sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment