Saturday, February 19, 2011

RaNdOm TiDbItS

My friend Donna (http://thedollsweetjournal.blogspot.com/) writes a blog and on Fridays she does bulleted pieces called Fragmented Fridays, an idea from http://www.halfpastkissintime.com/p/friday-fragments.html, with little tidbits from the week. I like this idea and am going to steal it, with her permission pending.
Some things popped up this week that I didn't turn into a full rant (of course).
Of note:
  • I found a silk shirt in Hubby's clothes pile. I haven't seen a silk shirt since I was in middle school. Is that even socially appropriate? I guessed not and told him that.
  • What's the next best sign of Spring after flowers peeping through the grass? My grill emerged from a snow pile this week! It was a welcomed visitor.
  • I finished my book, The Virgin Widow, about Lady Anne Neville. It was a great love story. I'm currently weighing my options as to what to read next-the pile of options is high! I jumped into Little Bee last night but am not sure if I will stick with it yet or not. 
  • Wednesday brought the much anticipated new season of Survivor! Who else is watching so I can stockpile peeps to discuss with?
  • I had a cousins party tonight and honed some of my new domestic skills. Tonight's menu was appetizers and desserts because they create the perfect meal balance in the world I roll in. For apps I made: spinach squares, sweet and sour meatballs, and pizza rolls. For dessert I made: chocolate mint cookies, white chocolate Oreo truffles, and muddy buddies (clearly more for me than anyone else).
  • I waged war with Best Buy and their "installation Geek Squad" this week. Such a long story but if you ever consider getting a car starter installed by them, contact me and I will give you an earful to prep you.
  • Work was a little tragic this week. I had to take Wednesday off just to catch up on sleep and regain some energy. I decided a walk outside was just what the Dr ordered and the fresh air was wonderful. I took pics so it might turn into its own rant. Then I went to Framingham Bakery for some of the best pizza on Earth. The next day on FB, a debate over the Framingham Bakery Pizza hype popped up. I defended it to the death. If they shipped, I would totally include a link so the rad readers that appeared from Indonesia and Singapore this week could get in on the goodness. I feel guilty having all the pleasure for myself.
  • Thanks for reading!
  • PS-how great are the Old Spice commercials??????

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're going to do "fragment" posts like this. I think they're fun!
    That's funny about your husband's silk shirt. Hee hee. How come you don't write book reviews on Goodreads? I'd love to see what you're reading on there.

    ReplyDelete